The Senior Patrol Leader is elected by the majority of the youth members registered in the Troop and in attendance at the troop meeting when the election is held. He shall be at least First Class in rank, and shall have served at least one leadership role prior to this position, attended Junior Leader Training, a weekend leadership training conference or one week long leadership conference. His term, which can start at any time, will be until the troop meeting following the next regular election.
- The SPL shall preside over the Patrol Leaders Council.
- He trains and guides the Patrol Leaders, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and "runs" the Troop's regular meetings.
- The SPL provides leadership to the troop to insure an enjoyable program which fulfills the Scouting program.
- The SPL meets weekly with the scoutmaster to plan the troop activities and leadership training.
- The SPL prepares a report of the previous month’s activities and presents it to the monthly meeting of the Troop Committee.
- Runs all troop meetings, events, activities, and assists with the annual calendar planning with input from leaders, scouts, and committee.
- Runs the Patrol Leaders Council (PLC). Fills out monthly plan forms & gives to SM or designee for approval and posting onto website.
- Recommends other troop junior leaders with the advice and counsel of the Scoutmasters. Final approval will be with the SM and committee.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to junior leaders, with leader approval. Follows up and makes sure the Leadership is doing their job. Check with the leaders to confirm or deny.
- Assists the Scoutmaster with Junior Leader Training and Troop Leadership Training (TLT).
- Responsible for the overall well being of the troop. Recruiting outside and inside the troop. Must be at events and outings. Be a positive role model all the time. Meets with Cubmasters & District staff and has a positive outlook.
- Sets a good example. Honors and respects fellow troop members. Teaches, promotes and communicates. Attendence at Troop functions is required.
Term: 6 months as SPL, 6 months as ASPL