The Troop Librarian takes care of all troop literature.
- Sets up and maintains the troop library.
- Keeps meeting room clean & organized.
- Makes and files all scouting documents.
- Keeps records of books and pamphlets owned by troop. Knows where the training books, DVD’s, merit badge books and posters are located.
- Keeps a system for checking reference materials. Advises leaders of any problems or concerns. Follows up on late returns or missing brochures.
- Suggests new or replacement items needed to maintain troop literature. Maintains bulletin boards.
- Helps sell troop products such as patches, jackets and hats. Gives funds to Troop Scribe or Troop Treasurer.
Term: 6 months
Appointed by SPL, with approval from Scoutmaster